Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Still Stitching

It occurred to me recently that I have not posted in a while. Please don't think it's been a year since I've made anything. On the contrary my hands have been busily at work, I've actually completed several projects. My latest project has been another blanket, which I started last December.
HERE'S A LITTLE SNEAK PREVIEW
Yes. DECEMBER! But it is a blanket, with smaller stitches. So it takes a large amount of time to get anywhere with it. It's being made for a friend who's son loves a certain popular building toy. I'm hoping that you can tell by the pic, I'm talking about Lego's!  I also took a break from it to do another blanket for my brand new niece, Olivia. Olivia is my little brother's first baby. He and his beautiful wife, Kari Shipman had been married for 9 years. So the arrival of Olivia was so anticipated that I probably over did the gifting and crafting. But I sure had fun stitching little somethings for her. Before the blanket I made a sac and hat to go with my all time favorite children's book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Well, Kari indulged me and did a little photo shoot of our newest little caterpillar. Isn't she gorgeous!
Morningstar Photography
The sac was actually made out of several different kinds of yarn. The blue and bright green was a Carnon simply soft. The light green at the top was made from a fluffy baby yarn by Bernat. Olivia's hat was made from a red heart worsted weight. All stitches were a double or single crochet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment